1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can i go about this without inciting a freak out?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by PlantSoul, Jun 9, 2016.

1. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A little backstory : late last year to April this year,for the first time in my life, I tried to be feminine. I stopped when I started to get negative reactions from people, which oddly enough made me realise that I wasn't being true to myself. So, I decided to embrace my androgyny. This has been causing some family problems.

Periodically, they would bring up me wearing skirts again. They started again recently and it is pissing me off! I know that they are trying to pressure me. I have a sarong that I've thought about wearing for me, but I probably won't since they would heavily scrutinize this. They are terrified that someone will think that I'm trans. When they register me for classes, they get angry when they get to my middle name and follow it with stating that I'm a girl. They seem to think that if I present myself as feminine that it will make me a straight female. Despite their denial, I can't pass as female. I'm sure I'm tipping a lot of radars. Sure, I've gotten some stares before but, no one bothers me.

I tried telling them to stop when they first started. Everytime I'm present, they bring this up. If we're out and they see a woman in a skirt or a dress, they talk about how great she looks and how cute I looked in my skirts. I want them to stop. I want to tell them to drop it, but I don't know how to go about without making them freak out. Please help me!

2. Hatsune Miku

being polite as possible and taking it slowly will decrease their chances of freaking.

however whether or not they do flip their shit depends entirely on how rational they are as people. and there's really not too much you can do about that