1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Might be in trouble

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Matto_Corvo, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a terrible habit of being honest when answering questions, espiecally those having to deal with school.

So in human sexuality we were handed a paper with three questions that might land me in trouble.

Questions are :

If you are male: If I had a vagina I would:

If you are female: If I had a penis I would:

And
    What would you change about your body?

Yeah....I am compelled to be truthful. This could be interesting.

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're in college right? Why would you be in trouble? You're also out to everyone so there's no outing.

Why are you worried?

3. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wasn't in school when I changed that to out to everyone. Do everyone in my world back then was just my family and friends.
    I actually thought I had changed that to say out to some people, but I guess for some reason it didn't go through...maybe becaus I'm on my phone?

I'm not out to anyone at school. Not my classmates and not my teachers. And, to be honest, I think a lot of my family ignored my coming out and decided to forget it, so really I'm not out to many people at all.

My Facebook is set to male(trans) but it is also set to private, so even if people in my class looked me up they wouldn't really know.

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ohhhh....

That being said. It's still college. Don't think anyone will think anything of it. Besides it sounds like a hypothetical. And unless you straight up declared you are trans and the professor or ta reads it, and even then I wouldn't worry.

5. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Assuming that the teacher expects a subjective reply, as the questions are written in such a way as to exclude non binary people, I would probably just answer both questions in an objective way and explain what trans people typically change about their bodies if they fully transition. (To make it even more clear that you are answering objectively, you can site a book that you read about being trans or an academic paper.) Just give the teacher a lesson about what it means to be trans without writing it in a subjective manner. If the teacher complains point out that if the questions are meant to be subjective then the teacher should have also taken into consideration non binary gender identities. :astonished:

#5 Eveline, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  6. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think he even knows there are non-binary genders to be honest.