1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to feel valid again

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by anthracite, Jun 10, 2016.

1. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Sometimes it just happens that I feel like I am not and will never be a real man. Too often called by my birth name...or belittled as "the weak girl". I hate this feeling. So my intention with this thread is to collect ways to make this feeling go away.

I found so far:
    - training
    - playing video games (especially shooters)
    - loud rock and metal and singing along (works because my voice is naturally deep ^^)
    - simulating facial hair with mascara (I look really good with it ^^)

2. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Allocate a specific set time that you just focus on yourself and do whatever you want to do and don't have to talk or think about anyone else. This is what I do a lot when I don't feel like myself because of all the outside forces. It mostly involves playing and listening to music and drawing. Sometimes I'll have a movie night with some really close friends who I can be my self with and I can just relax around. So taking away any stress or any possible situations or people that make you anxious or unsettled is a good idea. Just look after yourself, remember, its your journey and you have complete control over whatever you want to do, so own it.

#2 jaska, Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  3. Pistachio

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometimes lifting weights or running makes me feel a bit better :slight_smile:
    <3
    (Also haha "transgentleman" I love that!!)