1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Wearing My Binder Correctly?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by LizzerDizzer, Jun 11, 2016.

1. LizzerDizzer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whenever I wear my binder (bought from Gc2b, size XS) it always look odd. At first it seems like it bunches to the middle and looks like I have 1 middle boob, but when I try to move them to the sides to even out my chest my breasts seem to try and pop out of the arm holes (and the fat between my armpits and breasts makes it worse). Is there a 'correct' way to wear a binder?? I don't think I need a bigger binder because I have a smallish frame and my binder fits pretty snug (no chest pains or breathing problems). I'm just asking if I am wearing them wrong or if it's my breasts (I'm a cup size 32DDD).

I always wear baggy shirts so it doesn't look bad but I can't wear fitting mens shirts or mens tank tops because of this. Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Did you measure yourself before you bought the binder? With a 32DDD, it sounds like your binder could be small. I wore a size medium when I started to bind, and I had C cups at the time. I now wear a large because T has broadened out my chest.

3. LizzerDizzer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did measure myself before purchasing my binder, like i said, I have big breasts but i have a small frame and my binder fits pretty snug, not too tight & not too loose. :icon_bigg

4. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's crazy that you fit into the XS, I have a really small chest snd frame and I couldn't even get my XS gc2b on. Anyway, for larger chested people the 'uni-moob' thing is a bit of a problem and I've heard that the best placement is either down/up and to the sides. You just have to try to work out what works best for you. Other than that theres only so much a binder can do. It doesn't get rid of tissue is just compresses it so obviously the more there is the less room there is for it to go. Layering clothes helps a lot with hiding it better, good options are regular t-shirts with a button up on top for the summer and then winter it gets easier to layer.

5. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have this really cheap, stretched out of shape, elastic is shot to hell and back, sports bra that I wear under my binder. It helps to get them separated, at least that's what I found. But don't use something that could possibly end up harming you.
    The uniboob is a problem with men who have large chesticles, so layering will have to be a thing.

PS: I like calling it a meatloaf instead of a uniboob. Adds humor I guess

6. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get the fat-out-the-side thing as well and so far I havnt found a way to fix it. You could try wearing a kind of tight vest or shirt with high arm holes underneath the binder that can help squish in the fatty bits maybe. But what I do is either not worry about it, cos no one seems to notice, or I wear baggier clothes or a hoodie. Be careful with tshirts that are too large and you can see down the arm hole, though, cos then people will be able to see you're wearing a binder.

#6 jaska, Jun 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  7. AaronV

I had the same issue with my Gc2b. I have the feeling the arm holes are a little bit too big, which makes the binder more comfy but can be less beneficial towards the binding effect.
    I sometimes wore a t-shirt or tanktop underneath the binder which helps but is of course super annoying in summer.
    Now that I've been on T for a while the skin texture has changed quite a bit and I can now push everything down, which would have otherwise hurt pre-t.