1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summer and swimming

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by love dont judge, Jun 12, 2016.

1. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So now that it's warming up around here again, a lot of my friends keep asking me if I want to go swimming with them. I love swimming and always have, despite the fact that I'm a mediocre swimmer at best and have an extreme fear of drowning. But ever since puberty started I've swam less. Now, I already cancel on my friends enough as it is, and I want to try doing it less, but swimming just gets to be extremely uncomfortable for me since my chest is uncovered. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can cope with this uncomfortable feeling? I know that a women's swim suit is out of the question for the moment, but is there anything else I could do? Thanks!

2. Riz

Riz

I usually see a lot of people wearing a tshirt if they're not comfortable being topless? If you're not out yet that might work?
    I think there's also kind of shirts made of swimsuit material that might work???
    Good luck

3. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Yeah I see a lot of people wearing swim shirts. You may be able to find them in stores probably, but if not there's definitely a lot out there online too.

4. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know a lot of people (both male and female, actually) who prefer to wear t-shirts with their swimsuits. ^^

5. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could get a rash shirt, they are made specifically for swimming, so they don't weigh you down and they dry fast. They're expensive brand new, but in NZ there are lots of them in second hand shops for really cheap.

6. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most guys I know actually wear t-shirts while swimming. So you could do that

7. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks guys! I think I might get one. However, I'll have to figure out a way to explain it to my parents. I'm only sort of out to them, and they don't really get the whole gist of how I feel. I'm writing them a letter currently to explain it all a bit more in depth, but I don't know if it'll work or not. Thanks for all the replies though guys!