1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsure

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by 20ThousandBees, Jun 12, 2016.

1. 20ThousandBees

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Im not sure what my gender is. It has been bothering me a lot, and sometimes keeps me awake late at night just thinking about it. I think I might be trans, because I'm very uncomfortable with being male, and as I was talking about it with my boyfriend, he decided to use female pronouns when in private. It does make me feel better when I hear she/her , if that means anything. I'm also at the point where I can't stand looking in the mirror, or taking pictures of myself, etc. Because of things like facial hair. Usually the discomfort I would get came in waves, each time a bit more than the last. So far it had been at least 4 weeks of extreme unliking of myself and my body.
    I think I may be too young to make decisions about something like this.

Idk it's 1 in the morning and I'm very tired sorry if this whole thing is stupid

2. SecretLilCj21

You are not too young to figure out if you are trans or not! I promise, Im genderlfuid and thirteen so I understand. It does sound like you are trans from what you have said. I also get that disphoria from my female body in waves. Just keep thinking, but don't lose sleep over it! You'll figure it out, I promise!

3. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey :slight_smile:

First off, you're not too young to know that you're trans. I myself started identifying as trans when I was 14 years old but there are many trans people who knew as children. I always felt different, didn't start identifying as male until last year. Some don't work it out until they're adults, it's different for everybody :grin: To me, it sounds like you're MtF trans or at least leaning toward female on the gender spectrum. It's normal for dysphoria (discomfort with having a male body and pronouns, in your case) to come and go in waves, I actually don't know anyone who experiences dysphoria 24/7. It sounds like it's gotten quite bad for you recently, I'm sorry that you're going through a tough time :frowning2: Hopefully, you'll start to feel better again soon. Good luck with figuring it all out (*hug*)