1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning Gender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Tushoa, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Tushoa

I have recently gotten around to starting to seriously question my gender. For a while, I thought of myself as being a demigirl (born as a female) but I'm starting to think that such may not be the case. I've grown up being referred to with she/her pronouns, and recently sometimes even they/them. But lately, I have to admit that the he/him pronouns are starting to become quite appealing. Now, with that said, I don't really want to become fully male. I'm mostly comfortable with my body, (boobs get annoying sometimes though) I just find the he/him pronouns kind of appealing at times.

Now, I don't know if this is because I've never really been referred to with those pronouns, so they just seem appealing because they're different, or if it's something else. Sometimes they feel appealing, and other times I just don't really care. I don't really think I'm genderfluid, I just don't particularly care what pronouns you use when referring to me. Which would be nice, as I wouldn't really have to worry about misgendering, but I'd like a label, something to identify myself as. At the moment, I have no idea what I am. I may start feeling something different later on down the road, as this could just be the start of something, but I would like a label or something to identify myself as.

...Any possible ideas?

2. Bobsleigh1

Bobsleigh1 Guest

I too was assumed female at birth, but i really don't feel female (nor do i really act or look it on society's traditional terms...) so i like to use 'Demi-boy' with male or neutral pronouns.
    It's basically Demi-girl but, rather than feeling more like a girl, feeling more like a guy. 'Demi' genders can also come with whatever pronouns you want despite the inclusion 'boy' or 'girl' in the name.
    Or maybe Agender your thing? Meaning you don't really feel any particular connection to one traditional definition of gender or simply feel genderless.
    Or gender-neutral? Something somewhere in-between genders.
    Intergender? Again, somewhere in-between.
    Neutrios? Can be viewed as unsure, maybe experiences some dysphoria, that kinda thang.
    There's a ton more to choose from too. (─‿─)
    And, really, the definitions of these words are pretty malleable depending on the person themselves. Define them how you want, use whatever pronouns with whatever identity, it's up to you in how you want to use the words.
    Have a look maybe and just pick out one you like the sound of or that you feel a connection to.(^v^)
    Or maybe even try male pronouns for a while if you can, see if you like it. Just experiment however you want to.
    I'm sure you'll find one you relate to eventually.

#2 Bobsleigh1, Jun 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2016
  3. Tushoa

Thans for the help! I'll definitely be sure to check those genders out o: Although I did a bit of exploring around and so far think I may be trigender (male, female, and agender) but I'm not quite sure yet cx