1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with GC2B Binder?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by tyler775, Jun 14, 2016.

1. tyler775

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm waiting for GC2B to answer my email, but could you maybe give me a second opinion?

I have a really small chest to begin with, but I'm still very self conscious of it though and cross my arms in public so you can't tell.

My chest: 30 inches
    My shoulders: 36 inches

I have asthma so I can't have it tight on me.

Sizing Chart – gc2b
    I feel like I should get a Medium or Large so it's possible for me to get over my shoulders? :confused:

2. Delta

No, definitely not a medium or a large, that's way too big. I've got a a 32 inch chest and ~40 inch shoulders and I wear a Small in GC2B sizes. The numbers on the page are referring to your chest size, not your shoulder size. They stretch past those numbers, they're just most effective and comfortable right at those numbers. They do only stretch so far, though, and I couldn't get the Extra Small over my shoulders. That's the only reason why the shoulder measurement really matters.

From your measurements, I'd say the XS would probably be just about right. On me the S is slightly roomy, so I think an XS would give you room to breath while still giving good masculine contour on your chest. That'll almost definitely fit over your shoulders, too.

3. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My shoulders are around 37 inches and my chest is small and I swear a small gc2b too. If you get a medium it will barely bind it's not worth it. I'd say go small with those measurements.

Above user said extra small might fit you but I tried that first and couldn't get that over my shoulders either and ended up ripping all the seams. So I'd really recommend sticking with the small. Also about it, 'not being tight' a binder is going to compress and yeah it does make it a little harder to breathe but if it's not tight then it won't do it's job. Just wear it for as little time each day as you can.

#3 Aberrance, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  4. I AM MEOW

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Start with maybe a medium or small, and remember that you can exchange it for a different size if it doesn't fit right.

5. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do strong sports bras cause problems with your asthma? I am an albuterol carrying member of the club, so I viscerally worry about a binder causing you a serious health problem.