1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Getting Over Fear of Transitioning

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by LizzerDizzer, Jun 14, 2016.

1. LizzerDizzer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (sorry for odd post title, I don't really know how to title this)
    I've been wanting to get into hormonal therepy ever since last year when I found out I'm bigender/possibly just FTM and the fact that I can't (either due to age/money/my own fears of transitioning) gets me very depressed. Hell, even seeing people who are transitioning and being happy makes me cry my eyes out and I don't know what to do about it.

I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to get the shots (I know you get them from your doctor but I dont know the process/where to find doctors that can help or are LGBT+ friendly) and to overcome my fears of transitioning.

I've talked about this with friends seeking advice/comfort but all they tell me is that I don't NEED to transition to be a guy, that I can look like a girl and still consider myself a boy because I don't need to fit society's views on who is a boy and a girl;and to me, that 'comforting advice' dosen't help me or even really apply to me at all since i want to transition for ME. I want to fit into what society chooses to be masculine because I want to be a man.
    Any help is greatly appreciated (because I just want to be content with life :icon_bigg)

2. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My sister said that when I came out to her...that I shouldn't need to change myself physically to express my true self. And logically I agree with her, but that does't change the fact that a. I still have physical dysphoria and b. Even if /I/ know I'm male, most people aren't going to recognize that with how I appear now, and my social dysphoria is the worst part for me.

3. LadyLikeDream

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Rushing and or fear won't lead to the right decisions, Transition it isn't just about some hormones and dressing, beside hormones are not for everyone and it doesn't work effectively for everyone, there's people who transition with No Hormones,
    You can start experiment with male clothes and accessories , go out and have fun with it, and see how you feel about it
    It's important to make sure you're fully comfortable living your true gender before making any major decisions, and this takes long time to determine, so remember to give it enough time, no need to rush it

In the meanwhile try to find a gender counseling or therapist to talk with about it, you can also talk to your family doctor , He/ She can find you one.

Good Luck .