1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate this, but I'm still confused

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by mountainman, Jun 15, 2016.

1. mountainman

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've been a member for awhile now, as some of you may know. I originally felt like I was asexual, and I probably still am, however, there are a few things that I don't understand, that are driving my up a wall. First, (this may be bad timing, btw)why is it that being ace, I still feel this urge to visit gay bars? I know that my current status does make me feel lonely, but I always figured that was because I didn't want sex. Am I just looking for more accepting people than the people in this small Texas town, or could there be something more? I'm about to pull my hair out trying to figure myself out. I can't even bring myself to go on a trip alone, much less discover who I am:frowning2:

2. Pockettail

Out Status:
    A few people
    I believe ace(asexual) and aro(aromatic) can be seen as different things, not sure if this is the right thread area since this is the gender expression area rather than the sexuality section but I'll answer regardless xD. So it's actually possible to still want to have romantic feelings towards another and want a relationship despite being asexual. But ace and aro can be confused and sometimes folks like to put them in the same category which isn't really isn't the same. Aro or aromatic means you feel no romantic attraction, whereas ace means no sexual attraction. But you can still feel no sexual attraction and want to have a relationship with someone.

But I can't really decide for you if that's what you feel, if I were in your boat I'd try finding a support group to really see if it's relatable people to confide in that I'm looking for and not something more.

One of my closest friends is ace/aro so they've drilled this one into me quite a bit xD, hopefully it helps you out.