1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I even trans?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Glowing Eyes, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Glowing Eyes

Idk why but I'm just wondering all of the sudden if this was all just my imagination and me buying into it. Get ready for a really long post.

So here's the reasons I think I'm trans:
    -People in public seeing me as a guy just felt weird and the feeling annoyed me 'cause I didn't understand it.
    -Many times in the past I'd think "if I were a girl (back then I didn't know the difference between sex and gender) I'd do this (I'm referring to all sorts of things, not just stereotypical woman things)" but it felt pointless 'cause I thought I had to be a guy.
    -Whenever I tried picturing my future as a guy it all just felt wrong but I forced myself to do so anyway thinking that was the only way. One day I let my imagination free and pictured my future as a girl and everything felt real and alive. I didn't feel shy in my own brain anymore.
    -My fantasies living as a dude really scared me at times but mostly just felt really boring and un-interesting. Pointless almost.
    -I once had this creepy fantasy after I heard the word "sex change" at school. I'll describe it briefly: Some creepy gang take me fro my home to an abandoned, horror movie styled hospital and give me a forced sex change. In the fantasy I pretended to be upset but I kind of wanted it to happen (note: back then I didn't understand that there's a lot of differences between AFAB and AMAB bodies; I though it was just chest, genitals, and something facial that I couldn't quite understand)
    -Whenever I see an AFAB person, I get so jealous to the point where I have dreams of getting fictional brain swaps with one (who in that fantasy would be a transguy).
    -I felt like my life as male wouldn't allow me to fully express myself and I'm not referring to clothing or make-up, I actually liked picturing myself exactly the same just with a different body and voice.
    -When I first got onto EC, seeing a female avatar, name, and being called a girl felt so great whereas even before I knew what being trans meant, whenever somebody called me a "young man" or grouped me in with other guys and referred to us as "the boys", I felt so frustrated, even misunderstood. Worst would be when people would tell me how I'd grow up to be a handsome man who all the girls chase after.
    -In 7th grade, I felt so weird seeing my body hair, hands, and genitals grow. I felt like there was something out of my control (puberty).

The thing is, my dysphoria isn't as bad as some of the other trans people I see on EC and other parts of the internet. Like, I can still enjoy my life. I can ignore my body really well. I see my hairy legs and I forget their mine. I do hate it when I return to reality but only on some days does it really get me down. On the rest I either ignore everything or fell like a cis girl (although the latter are really rare). I also sometimes like my male body like a costume but I think of it like a girl with a male body. I don't associate with it but sometimes like it as if it's a costume I'm forced to wear ("sometimes" is key). Also, there were a few times before I realized I was trans that I thought to myself "Thank goodness I have a male body" which is made weirder by how I already experienced some discomfort back then. So what do you guys think.

#1 Glowing Eyes, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  2. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You didn't really give any reasons for not being trans. I'd say you are making excuses. Don't worry, I do it all the time!

3. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh you're totally trans. Don't worry about it.

There's no set level of dysphoria you need to have in order to be "trans enough". You have an incredibly compelling list of reasons you think you're trans, and you do have dysphoria, so it doesn't matter if it's not completely horrible dysphoria all the time. I don't have awful dysphoria (most days), and I can totally still enjoy my life. I'd just enjoy life more, feel more like myself, and feel more comfortable if I didn't have any dysphoria and looked like a guy.

4. Glowing Eyes