1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girl and confused

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Honeyglue1, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Honeyglue1

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi world I have a question about my gender.... OK so I was born as a girl but sometimes I feel like I'm a boy but i love being a girl and I like dating guys even if I don't go on dates as ofter.....I hate to dress like a girly girl, I just wear jeans and guy shirts and vans or just something really comfortable I especially hate wearing dresses and sometimes I can be a little bit to masculine .....all I know is that I'm not a transgender.....I'm just confused is all so can someone please help me

2. AmyBee

I don't know if this helps but I dated a girl a lot like that. She isn't trans but she rarely wore dresses... unless she was really feeling it that day in which case she would. She actually did hate being a girl but she also didn't want to be a guy. Except for the occasional times when she would tell me she did, or else she had been (she actually had not). When I came out to her as a trans woman, one thing she said to me was "Remember, you have what every girl wishes she had."

Take that with a grain of salt. She was always saying things like that, about wishing she had a penis and whatnot.

But even so, she is still not trans. Because you can be masculine as you want or feel and still identify completely as a woman and not be trans. And vice versa. You can be as girly as you want and wear dresses all the time and still identify as male and not be trans. There's actually a TV talent here who spends all his time dressed as a woman, wears makeup and earrings but he doesn't identify as a trans woman. He identifies as a gay man as far as I know.

Anyway, just be comfortable. That's the main thing. You're comfortable expressing yourself the best way you can.

3. Honeyglue1

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for your help and wise words also it's just I'm still a little confused about what my gender is but not as much since I got some support from my friends when I told them this.....maybe I'll consider dating my girl crush that asked me out on a date like two days ago

4. AmyBee

You're welcome! I hope things work out for you! It takes time to understand. It did for me. But whatever journey you make, just know it's okay to be whatever you you are!