1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doubts about identity

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by JaidenAnonymous, Jun 20, 2016.

1. JaidenAnonymous

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I've posted something similar here before, but it was terribly written, and I didn't know as much about the things I was writing about then. I need
    You guys to give me your opinion on wether or not I am trans, because I am scared to get a therapist, because I don't want my parents to know.
    Here are some things I did before I Evan knew what transgender meant, these are difficult to say.

- I watch m2f hypno (never worked)
    - I taped my penis under my crotch...
    - I also think I subconsciously felt uncomfortable with myself.

That's about it there, but I've always been a shy, and quiet kid, but recently I've been using my chosen name (jaiden) on games and forums ect. And I've been more outgoing and confident, it's been relieving some of my social dysopheria. My physical dysopheria is an entirely different story, I've always had some, but in most of 2016, it's way stronger, I used to just be uncomfortable with my genatalia, but recently it's been a lot more.

Thougts?

2. kobra kid

Well, I can't say if you're trans or not, but I'll tell you what I get from your description. What you've provided sounds a lot like the beginning of people's stories for how they discovered that they're trans. Discomfort with your body and a feeling of security you get presenting as Jaiden definitely point in that direction.

You mention dysphoria; that's a big sign as well. I'd suggest that you just experiment more...that's what always works for me to find shit out about who I am. Going over and over it in your head just makes it that much more difficult to sort out the truth from any preconceptions you might have.

Anyways, what you've described sounds like you could be trans, but in the end you've gotta figure it out yourself! Good luck :slight_smile:

3. idcidc

Hey jaiden,you are still young and got time to find out what you are looking for. Well if you could choose being male or female what would you choose? I think that's a really good and simple way to start knowing if you are trans. What would your parents think about you being trans? Are they acceptive of lgbt people? Also keep in mind that if you are trans it would be better to start transition asap for better results.

4. JaidenAnonymous

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight