1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binding shoulder stretches?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Delta, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Delta

So I was sick last week which made my muscles very stiff and tense, so now I'm having a lot of back pain to sort out. But, I need to bind right now. I tried going without yesterday and I just suffered for hours. I have a GC2B binder in the right size for me, and most of the time I put it on, it's very comfortable. But this time, my upper back right between my shoulder blades, got very sore.

So, I googled, and I can find a lot of info on avoiding binder pain, but nothing on relieving it once it's already there. Does anyone else who binds know some stretches and exercises to soothe those muscles? I'm willing to try anything, but if possible I don't want to take it off until my 8 hours are up.

2. GenderSciFi

Good question... maybe that PE classic where you hold your outstretched arm over the chest to the other side... um, I'm really bad at describing this? And also, rotating your arms windmill-style. Or just sitting or standing and trying to move your shoulderblades towards the middle to meet each other.
    Maybe just research normal backpain exercises. If that's an option for you, get somebody to give you a back massage?
    What helps me against sore muscles is this cream that has pepper in it or something else that heats you up. Don't know what it's called in english. Or hot water bottles. Or pain meds.
    Good luck!

3. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've got a book on stretches which I use a lot. There's one that I do when you sit on the ground with your knees to your chest and roll backwards and forwards which stretches the muscles along the spine. I've also heard that working out and strengthening your back muscles will lessen binding pain in the long run.

Oh yah, I know of two creams that are really good for sore muscles. Anti-flam and Deep Heat. They make your muscles feel really cold and numb.

#3 jaska, Jun 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2016