1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dysphoria on wheels

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by GenderSciFi, Jun 24, 2016.

1. GenderSciFi

Hej,
    maybe I just want to whine a little, but maybe somebody has a solution, also...
    I go everywhere by bike every day in the city I live in. And even though my binders usually do the trick quite well, when I'm cycling, being bend forward and the wind blowing against me, I feel like my chest is very visible and it's kind of a monoboob situation. Ugh, I hate that so much, I feel like people are staring at me, it makes me not want to go anywhere. In the worst cases, it makes me dysphoric for the whole day.
    In winter, it's ok because there are more layers of fabric and scarf, but with just a Tshirt on because of the heat- just ugh. :tears: Does anybody get that, too?

Greetings,
    GenderSciFi

2. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I mainly cycle wearing a denim jacket over my t-shirt which helps hide my chest even without a binder. I don't know what the weather is like where you live but maybe wearing something stiffer while cycling might help?

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Aww... I see... You're okay, though. Probably, others won't notice you very much in terms of gener. You'll be alright. You are you, and you're just as valid as the average person in terms of your gender. Anxiety is perfectly human. Just remember you have an army standing behind you, supporting you.
    Lots of hugs. xxxxxx

4. kobra kid

I totally feel you! In my town we have golf cart paths so you can drive around town on them, but golf carts have terrible shocks and the paths are bumpy, so you can imagine what that does with my chest...I don't have a binder and sports bras don't do shit and it makes me soo dysphoric. The worst part is that I drive to and from school every day on the golf cart, AND all I have is a learner's permit so almost all of my transportation is via golf cart (anyone w/ a permit can drive a golf cart). It sucks.

5. GenderSciFi

@ Kobra Kid: Oh no, that sounds so much worse than my issue. I seriously empathize and hope that you're going to get a binder or a car, whichever comes sooner :icon_wink

@ Invidia: Yeah, I know, but... I already get misgendered all the time, and being able to keep my chest flat is kind of the one thing I can control? I know it's normal to have anxieties. Well, "normal". :icon_sad: Thanks, though!

@ Lacybi: That would probably kill me slowly (Western Europe, but still over 30 °C). But I just got the mental picture of a really great denim vest. *inlove*
    PS: aahaha, just saw your location, blessed rain, I want to live there, get away from the cursed continental climate!

#5 GenderSciFi, Jun 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2016