1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Name advice?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Austin226, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Austin226

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sorry if this is a bit lengthy. I've recently been exploring the possibility that I might be FTM and I've been looking into names. I'm AFAB, but I've always been uncomfortable with my birth name (which is very feminine), so I've been going by a more gender-neutral nickname with some of my friends for a while. Lately, I've been putting a lot of thought into what I would like to be called. The name Oliver, with nickname Ollie, has always been a favorite of mine, but I'd like to know what other people think of it. Also, if you have any suggestions for a middle name, please let me know. I was kind of thinking about Ryan.

2. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oliver Ryan. Love it!

3. Austin226

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
  4. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've heard that a lot of people, even if they try out lots of names, usually end up going with the first one that stuck with them. Oliver Ryan sounds great together too.

5. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As someone who was born olivia and thought about using the name Ollie, I like it. I also prefer the spelling Ollie as opposed to Olly or Oli. Ryan sounds nice with Oliver as the syllables flow and it's not a mouthful.
    I wouldn't tie yourself down with it just yet though, maybe read through baby name books or websites to see if there's any other names that resonate with you THEN decide. I read my two books cover to cover and tried out Alexander (Lex) for a while but then went back to Seth because it felt better and there's nothing stopping you from chsninging your name again and again until you find the right name. Good luck Oliver Ryan!