1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hair help

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Hatsune Miku, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Hatsune Miku

i've been growing my hair out for over a year in order to appear more feminine. which worked gr8 until it stopped growing about five months ago at my shoulders, and it curled at the ends. is there anything I can do to (such as hairstyles or growth techniques) to make it look feminine? and no I can't get hair extensions as I don't have the ability to do that at this point in time

(also there's an up-to-date picture of me in my only album if you want a reference as to what I currently look like)

2. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You look pretty feminine to me from that picture. A couple things I an suggest are straightening it, dead straight hair is probably seen to be more of a feminine look. Also maybe dying it? Add some highlights?

#2 Aberrance, Jun 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  3. Hatsune Miku

thank you for your response. i've tried straightening in le past but it curled back within an hour of doing it. however i've discovered glorious Moose brand insta-freeze hairspray recently so that sounds like it's worth another shot. as for highlights would blond or red work? I doubt my parents would let me do any unnatural colors (e.g. blue or pink)

4. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think blonde is the colour girls put in their hair more than red from what I've seen.

5. randomconnorcon

Do you get your hair trimmed? Cutting the ends is good for maintaining healthy hair and letting it grow, even though it sounds - and usually feels - like it's going backwards.

As for hair color, I think both blond or red would look really nice (blue, too). If your hair's already dark, red would mean you probably won't have to bleach anything first to look good. But if you're good with that (if you need to), I think I'd go blonde.

Hope this helps.

6. Hatsune Miku

i've never actually got my hair trimmed on a regular basis since i'm sort of a cheap-o and it reminds me of when my parents used to force me to get buzz cuts which kinda freaks me out a bit. however I guess I could try that. maybe.

though blonde highlights sound like an A+ idea!

7. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Highlights are a great idea an pretty easy to do at home with a friend's help. You might consider bangs too. Guys sometimes have long hair but they never have bangs too. They have to be trimmed often though.