1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to be a lesbian, but I'm male

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Velvia, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Velvia

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hi,

It's taken me a long time to realise this, but I think I'm finally coming to terms with it and I don't know what to do. I am biologically male, attracted to females, but feel like I should be female also. In other words, if I could make one magical wish, it would be to become a lesbian. Sometimes it isn't in my head all that much, other times it's the strongest urge I could possibly have.

So I feel trapped. For instance, I like wearing women's clothing, mainly tights, women's coats, jackets. I feel comfortable with myself when I do. Equally, I don't feel comfortable in the company of others (friends) because of how they usually react: "why are you wearing those?", "I'm not going out with you if you wear that" sort of thing. So it's always with mixed feelings that I decide to wear these clothes. I haven't begun to express this in the presence of my family because I feel I'd be met with ridicule, especially considering that I have young siblings who probably won't understand it at all.

I haven't spoken to anyone about this because I feel like it would sound ridiculous - including my psychiatrist. Has anyone gone through something similar? Or any advice on how to deal with these things? I guess I'm just very lost and confused

2. AmyBee

It won't sound ridiculous to your therapist.

3. Fedora Mun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    sir, it is called trans gender and a lot of people go through what you are going through. I mean just look at this site, half the people here have (trans*) next to there gender, like the person above me^.

4. NoXsOrOs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    And the person below you..
    But also be wary of a sexual attraction, solely on the lack of a male figure.
    In any case speak to your therapist about it, trust me we won't find it silly in anyway. (Unless your trying to be silly in which case: I don't get it..(That was a awful joke, I'll go back to the drawing board on that one) xD)

5. Velvia

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thanks for the replies. I guess it's mostly that I don't know what to do about it and that's partly because I feel like I am not allowed to. It's liberating to write this down knowing that people, somewhere, are reading and not judging.

NoX, what do you mean by "be wary"?

6. Irisviel

My therapist actually accepted that as another clue that I'm probably really trans and not just confused. Tonher, it was quite an important factor in my assessement. So... do tell the same to yours. It's a huge part of your gender, how do you see yourself in a relationship/intimacy. Except the asexual and a romantic minority which clearly isn't your "thing" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: