1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HRT Help

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by NoXsOrOs, Jun 27, 2016.

1. NoXsOrOs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Finasteride, Cyproterone, Spironolactone, or Bicalutamide;
    which is the best option?
    Any notes on pairings?

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not an expert on estrogens, but that's something to ask your doctor if anything since I doubt anyone on here is a medical professional. I hope you aren't asking so you can self-medicate, since that's super dangerous.

3. NoXsOrOs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My therapist/doctor told me I had a choice of a few brands and I isolated the compounds and am thinking things over.. Also they are not estrogens, they are anti-androgens..
    :/ I was hoping someone had experience with one of them rather than professional knowledge.

4. KayJay

I seem to see most people put on Spiro. I've been on it for 3 years, with estrogen of course. It feels like it does most of the work, the only real side effect that I have noticed is that I need to pee waaaaaaaaaay more often that when I wasn't on Spiro. So maybe that's. Good choice? It seems odd that you'd be given the responsibility of the choice, since the doctor/therapist would likely know much more about each one than their patients would.

#4 KayJay, Jun 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  5. NoXsOrOs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's more to look at my options, as I don't have any illnesses preventing me from any of them. My doctor was leaning towards the safer bicalutamide as I play intense sports and the fatigue could end up causing me to faint if my body is under too much stress. He gave me little green pamphlets on all of them, it's super basic; like it was meant for a someone much younger then me to understand. Thanks for the feedback though xD I'm really stressing over this actually.