1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I may be trans

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by nightowl88, Jun 28, 2016.

1. nightowl88

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was born a female and never had a problem with it growing up except when sexist people would tell me to be more ladylike or that I shouldnt do things because I am a girl. When I was around 8 I cut my hair really short and loved it and I was often misgendered and the only thing that bothered me was the way people looked at my dad when they found out I was female. I have come out to me parents and a couple friends as agender and they know I think I may be trans. I was suggested by a few people to talk to my friend who is trans about this but she just said she has always felt off when identifying as male and she wasn't able to help me much because her input was always that she had always known how she felt. I often hate my body and wish I had a flat chest and a penis and the idea of sex as a female is disgusting to me but the idea of sex as a male is not. Pronouns have never really bothered me and I am not particularly worried about coming out to people I'm only worried about my horseback riding instructor and boyfriend if I do come out as trans. My boyfriend knows I've questioned my gender identity and says he thinks I'm gender fluid because sometimes I act feminine. For almost a year I have had my hair cut to a boyish style and loved it though I sometimes miss my long hair that I always wore in a ponytail. I usually wear male clothing because it fits my style better and people say I act very masculine with how I move, talk, and sit. I have always prided myself on not fitting in with typical girls and my ability to understand the way boys think a lot better than I understand how girls think. I know it's up to me to know how I feel I just want some input from other people it helped tremendously while figuring out my sexuality and I hope it can help me now.

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Gender identity does not equal gender expression. For example, you could be a feminine man, feminine woman or feminine NB. Anything can do/wear anything (proving it's not directly hurting another) regardless of their a/gender.

However, some people who are dysphoric might change their presentation to be seen as the a/gender they are by other people.

Most cis people don't have a problem with pronouns as a wrong one doesn't invalidate what they are as people know they just made a mistake. Some trans and NB people don't mind either, but most trans and NB people do get dysphoric when people use the wrong pronouns.

I don't think that someone who is agender would want a penis. Might be going off my own experiences so might be subjective but if I could, I would want to be asex.

In what way did it bother you the way people looked at your dad when they found out you were female?

A lot of people who are trans and NB do not know they are trans or NB until they are older. Usually around the ages of 9-15 when there are changes in the body, but other people don't work it out until they are a lot older. Very few people find out when they are a young child.

Hope this helps.

#2 Secrets5, Jun 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  3. NoXsOrOs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you are trans, you would know it rather than see it in your actions.
    Simplistic way to put it.

4. nightowl88

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't like that people would look at my dad like he was crazy for letting his daughter dress like a boy and have short hair.

5. NoXsOrOs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Pfft, if anything those people are crazy; not you or your father.