1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronouns

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by What If, Jul 1, 2016.

1. What If

Out Status:
    A few people
    I have been thinking a lot lately about pronouns. I dont really like any of them. He, she, them, they, z, and I dont know what else. I have been telling the people that know to use whatever pronouns they want for me. I dont feel like there is a good option out there that fits. But once I start T and eventually when things start happening dont you think it will be a little weird for people to still use female pronouns for this guy with a beard? I just think that eventually people will start to change my pronouns themselves by the way I look.

I dont know, just some of my thought. If anyone has some different pronoun alternatives to share I would love to hear some.

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I think that will be weird. It can also be really weird for them right now, too. :/ I mean, What if you had a friend who was trans and you wanted to respect their wishes, and that friend said "just call me whatever". I know I, at least, would probably feel a lot of pressure in what pronoun to call you...

Why don't you like any of the pronouns? Maybe you can try going by the one that seems the most appealing to you?

3. GenderSciFi

Hm, I wouldn't sweat it. I know a lot of people who use both he and she because there aren't a lot of good other options in German. So when people call them by multiple pronouns pre-transition - then why shouldn't they post-transition (in the case that there is a medical or otherwise noticeable transition). If you don't mind, you can totally be a guy who gets called she occasionally, why not? If it makes you uncomfortable because it's always an outing in front of strangers, you can still always tell people you want to use only he.