1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips for swimming?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by nightowl88, Jul 2, 2016.

1. nightowl88

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am questioning my gender and think I am ftm trans and tomorrow I'm going to a family picnic and plan on going swimming. I don't know how to explain to my family why I am wearing a shirt and shorts instead of just my bathing suit since I'm not ready to come out. My grandma knows I have a swim suit and would expect me to just wear that. I was so sneezing of someone has any suggestions so I don't have to wear just my swim suit and the only reason would wear it at all is because it hides my chest very well.

2. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A couple that come to mind...
    The one you have doesn't fit/shrank/has a hole in it
    You just didn't feel comfortable wearing it
    You are a little more worried about getting a sunburn

Another option, wear the shirt and shorts over the top of the swimsuit. And just say you aren't comfortable wearing just the swim wear. Or you just wanted a little more protection from the sun. It might raise some questions but just stick to your reasons.

3. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah stating that it's a comfort thing usually goes over decently well. I always wore shorts with my costume even before realising/coming out as trans and people looked at me weirdly and challenged me but I just said that I wasn't comfortable wearing a costume. What are they meant to say to that, "I don't agree, take the shorts off"? Nah. You don't owe any explanation just go and enjoy yourself the best you can.