1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doubt after coming out?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by nightowl88, Jul 2, 2016.

1. nightowl88

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Today I told my mom I was trans and now I'm doubting myself. Before talking to her I felt very confident that I was trans and felt like a guy but now I'm starting to doubt again. I wa a wondering if it is normal to doubt after telling someone or off I might not actually be trans for feeling this way. I was thinking that I might just be over reacting because she was a bit disappointed when I told her since I am her only daughter and we had made a deal that I was going to wear a dress at her wedding next spring though she wouldn't force me into one of I really feel trans. I was also thinking that I had originally started questioning my identity because I didn't like being the only girl but after talking it through with one of my friends I felt a lot more confident until I was around my mom and she would even talk about my gender with me. I was starting to think maybe I'm just being weird about all this gender stuff and maybe it's just a phase where I am uncomfortable with my body and because I don't fit in at school or if I actually feel like a guy and while thinking about it alone I feel trans and like when I can look into a mirror and see a boy but I have a harder time around my mom even though I know she still accepts me just wishes i was her little girl and I worry she won't call me by my male name after I come out to my whole family Ina bcouple weeks since one of my friends has this issue.

2. Rey

Rey

Out Status:
    A few people
    Honestly, it could be any of those things. And I think it can be normal to have those feelings, because that's how I've felt when I try to come out to my family. As soon as I say it, I think, "But what if I'm not really?" Part of that is because the influences in my life tell me that people make all these genders and sexualities up to be different. Do you have anything like that? Even just social media crap can put those doubts in your mind. When everyone makes such a big deal about gender, it's really scary to be unsure. Do what makes you feel most comfortable.