1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans enough

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ShaeShay, Jul 3, 2016.

1. ShaeShay

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Can you only be trans to go through the whole surgery? I definitely want to get my breasts removed, but I'm not sure if I want the men's private. I'd be more than happy to get rid of a period; I have no intention of getting pregnant. Also, I want to change my first and middle name to something that doesn't sound feminine. I feel comfortable wearing men's clothes, and I feel free to not have to shave my legs and pits. But, I'm unsure if I want to try taking testosterone. I could turn out to be genderfluid instead of transgender.

2. Space Cat

Yep! The very definition of being trans is having a gender identity that doesn't match your assigned sex. That's it. The whole purpose of transitioning is to make yourself more comfortable, not to conform to other people's expectations of what you should be. If you only want to do some things, that's fine. You're still trans and no one can tell you otherwise. :slight_smile:

#2 Space Cat, Jul 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  3. Delta

I'm trans, but I'd rather not get surgery. I can work these parts, they're mine, they do what I want them to, and they don't determine my gender identity either. While I might be fine with having those parts of me this way, other parts of me and my life are definitely going through a transition.

You can be trans however it works for you. That's part of what being trans is all about, making your labels and roles fit you, and not trying to force yourself to change to fit them. :slight_smile:

4. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No such thing in not trans enough.
    Some people medically/physically transition. Some do not. Some take hormones while others do not. Some have surgeries while others don't.

I plan on going on T and having top surgery, but not bottom surgery. The vvariable and ratio of complications, plus the cost, make me feel it is not worth the risk since I am currently neutral to what I have in my pants. If it ain't broke don't fix it, not that I implying something is broke. Only that if its not bothering me I won't mess with it