1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dysphoria and T

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by fatalredknives, Jul 4, 2016.

1. fatalredknives

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Okay so, I've identified as a ftm guy for about two days, which is realise is not a lot and I have a question about my dysphoria. I really want a penis, feel better with my sock-packer than without and enjoy looking like I guy, but at the same time my 'female parts' don't bother me that much. I can look into the mirror and not feel disgusted by my boobs and my vagina. Perhaps it's also not such a big deal for me because my chest is quite small to begin with, so that are can easily pass for a guy's when I'm wearing just a sports bra and a shirt. That being said, on the inside I feel like I'm a guy and I do think being on T would make me feel a lot better about myself. I've checked the websites of two gender clinics and they mentioned a lot of talking about your dysphoria before getting on T, so my question is if they would even let me be on T if I don't suffer from really bad dysphoria. Anyone who knows more about this?

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    You can be a guy with a vagina; that's totally cool. : ) Also, if you want to have a penis, you can have SRS. There are two kinds of sexual reassignment surgeries for FtM's. They are:
    Metoidioplasty - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metoidioplasty and
    Phalloplasty - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phalloplasty

In short, I think phalloplasty generally gets extra points for aesthetics and metoidioplasty for function (also cost and less risk of complications).

Removal of the breasts is also possible and all.

Gender dysphoria is generally a requirement, I think. However, physical dysphoria isn't the only kind you can feel. There's also mental and social dysphoria - like, you feel like a guy, and you want others to see you like that. That alone is often enough.
    Because the standards are sometimes rather draconian, though, some trans people (actually quite a few) just plain lie and say, like, "no, I don't have any doubts" or "yeah, I have lots of physical dysphoria" even if they do/don't.

3. fatalredknives

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you :slight_smile:
    The SRS seem pretty complicated.. That's probably something for me to consider when I'm in a later stage of my transition, if I'll reach that stage at all.

I think I mostly just suffer from mental and social dysphoria. Physical dysphoria not so much.. but then again, if I were to go on tesosterone I probably would want my breasts to be gone anyway. I guess I'll see, should probably focus on coming out and accepting myself for now hahah

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    One step at a time towards the finish line! .^.

5. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, seriously it depends on what you want. It depends on the doctor, but doctors in general talk with patients about treatments. At least good doctors. Think to yourself if T is what you want, if you want the surgeries. IMO, if you think that HRT would make your life better, that's equal to sufficient dysphoria.