1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post-injection soreness

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Althidon, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Althidon

I recently got back on T after being off for about six years (financial constraints). So, woo on that. (!)

I was cleared by my doctor to self-inject, and I'm certified as a phlebotomist, so I can be reasonably certain I'm doing the injections properly. They have me doing the injections into the muscle in the front of my thigh. The shots go fine, minimal pain, minimal bleeding.

After that I start to run into problems. From about six hours after I do the injection until about 24 hours after, my leg hurts. It feels similar to a pulled muscle and it's severe enough to cause me to limp. I'm a CNA, on my feet all day caring for patients, so this is a real problem. I've taken to doing my shot a few hours before bed to at least minimize it, but the pain lasts long enough that timing doesn't help much. It doesn't seem to be a serious issue, as it spontaneously resolves and leaves no lasting symptoms.

Has anyone else run into this? Any solutions? Am I possibly injecting too deeply? Maybe ice or heat just after injecting? :help: