1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling all UK based FTMs

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kal, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Quick questions that I need answered by UK FTMs. Not purposefully singling out MTFs just that this stuff is fairly specific I need answered.

I've got a doctors appointment scheduled with a GP I trust and that I intend on outlining where my head is at. I've seen a different GP before and I think there was a cultural divide because he didn't seem too interested and almost wanted to shoo me out of his office as quickly as possible. Anyway. I plan on telling this other bloke about where I'm at and that I really need guidance and support from the NHS...I can't afford to pay for private counselling again and I believe I need to speak to someone recognised in their field. What can I expect by way of provisioning from the NHS ? If I get referred to the GIC does that mean the only route they offer is straight up transitioning or can they support me further there?

And here's a little further along type question. Say I decide to transition - how do I go about making it known at work without exposing myself to a vast degree (I work in a corporate environment with many many people)?

What toilets do I use? They only have men's and women's and I really don't get on with STPs (tried at home and end up peeing down my leg which sucks).

Would I have to do the injections myself? Not a fan of needles.

How soon could I expect changes - hair, voice etc? And would I feel 'angry'?

Sorry for the rambles.

#1 Kal, Jul 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2016