1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much would a binder help me?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by XxAlexanderxX, Jul 10, 2016.

1. XxAlexanderxX

Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been curious about a binder for awhile, but I already have a pretty small chest and I'm not sure if it'd be worth it. I typically wear 2 sports bras layered on top of each other with a baggy or loose t-shirt. My chest size is somewhere around a 34 or 36 A, and I don't know if the effect of a binder would be much different than the sports bras. I almost feel like having a binder would make me feel better about myself, though, but I'm worried that if I start wearing one I will become attached to it as I have become attached to wearing sports bras. Thank you!

2. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Properly made binders are safe first and foremost. Sure stuff like ace bandages and other methods, even 2 sports bras, might get you flatter (I don't know) but if you're binding every day then getting a real binder is going to do you the least amount of long term damage. I'd recommend getting one, gc2b or Underworks are both reputable companies.

3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I second what Isaac suggested. A properly made binder is your safest option, since tape, ace bandages and so on are unsafe. If you do opt for a binder; go with gc2b or underworks. They make high quality stuff, and are generally the more affordable ones on the market. Just be sure to read the size charts thoroughly to make sure you get the right size for you.