1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I trans?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Leviislife, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Leviislife

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Umm hello,before I start writing this I must say that I am not a native english speaker and my english is very very bad,I am sorry for the inconvenience but I need some help >.<
    All my life I was like a boy and always compared with one by my parents,friends even stranger's always when I was playing games I was the boy and when I was very small (like 3 years I think) I had allways said that I was a boy,but when I grew up my parents told me that I am a boy and I have to be like other girls because I am not normal and with time I tried to be like one but last year I cut my hair again because I can't stand like a girl anymore,my question is I am trans? Because most of the trans people hate their bodies,I still don't like my breasts but I am ok with my body, and trans people feel like a boy (referring to ftm's),I want to be one but I don't know if my mind is a boy I am confused,I am speaking like a boy and my posture,gestures everything is like one but when I say that I am a boy I am feeling weird I don't know. Is like I am scared to be a boy but I still want to be one,I am scared by what my family will say and if I can live normally and that maybe is making me to think that is wrong to be a boy because maybe I am only a tomboy ;-; (I can't explain very well what I want to say)

Romantically I am not sure if I am attracted to men's or women's,I always liked boys but not like how I was supposed to like them,they were more like an example for me like an ideal (still don't know how to explain) but I couldn't image myself with a boy in a relationship,on the other hand I think that I like girls but I am not sure because I liked only a girl and that's my best friend ;;-;; who is a transphobic person,and I am very scared to tell her that I like her,maybe is just a phase but she is really cute and I don't know..I feel something for her
    I think that was all,sorry for my english but I am really confused and I can't stay relaxed because I am always asking myself if I am a boy or a girl,I hope you understand something and yeaa..that's all ._.

#1 Leviislife, Jul 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, you sound trans. You really do sound like you identify with the male gender. Feeling weirded out by wanting to be a guy may only feel that way now because you are not used to coming out yet.

3. Leviislife

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Yeah that's a good point,maybe if I will come out to someone I will feel better,thanks for your answer it was really helpful

4. BeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    From what I understand, you definitely sound like you feel more comfortable with presenting yourself as a man. Which is perfectly okay. If I was in your shoes I would ask myself questions like these:

How do I want to present myself? (Male, female, somewhere in between, something else entirely?)

How do I want others to seem me? ( Male, female, somewhere in between, something else entirely?)

What thinks can I do to make the inner me match what is on the outside? (Have short hair, wear male clothes, wear cologne, etc.)

And depending on what you answer, I think that you will have a better perspective on who you are. And just remember, whatever you pick is just perfect! Try not to worry about what others think about your gender because the only person that matters is you!

I would also like to note that your gender doesn't dictate your sexual orientation. You can be ftm and be gay, bisexual, straight, asexual, or whatever you feel comfortable with. Because you are the only thing that matters and if you like girls, you like girls. On the same token, if you like boys then good for you. That is your orientation, not anyone else's, so it is up to you to choose who you like.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

5. Leviislife

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Yes thank you it was really helpful,now I have a better vision of myself :grin: