1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm confused about my gender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by BruceAnthony, Jul 12, 2016.

1. BruceAnthony

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I am born female. I'm confused because I'm not like other girls. Based on my mood and the day is how I dress. I love women. I like my new name I have given myself Bruce Anthony but I don't know if I could see myself being a dude or a chick.....it's confusing me, my girlfriend and people around me. I love dressing like a dude I natural, I have more ego and I'm proud. I like sometime dressing in dresses, pretty quote on quote girly things......help please.:confused:

2. Althidon

I think you need to give yourself more room to explore. It sounds like this is pretty new to you and you aren't sure of what it all means yet. Explore your identity, dress how you want, use whatever pronouns feels right, and give yourself the time you need to figure it out.

Being a guy doesn't mean you have to give up everything girly. I mean, there are plenty of drag queens who are totally secure in their identities as men (when they aren't performing). If presenting as male makes you more comfortable for the most part but sometimes you like to dress up, then do that.

3. BruceAnthony

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thank you so much. I will definitely do this.

4. BeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would also like to add that you don't have to polarize yourself to be completely male or completely female. You could be Bi-gender, agender, or even genderqueer. For me, being bi-gender or genderqueer, means that I am both in varying levels. Like right now for instants I feel mostly in between the two. But say yesterday I felt almost exclusively male. Likewise, these genders can present themselves in many different ways, so I would encourage you to explore these too, as it does sound like you are comfortable with being male and female in some aspects.