1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binding queries

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Whatismylife, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Whatismylife

Whatismylife Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi,

I have just had my first binder delivered and have worn it out all day shopping with my friends and i have a few questions. Is there anyway to prevent the dry skin on my chest as i have naturally dry skin and its cracking a bit? Also i have a small amount of pain after taking my binder off its only a minimal amount just under my collarbone at the top of my chest is this normal and ok or should i be concerned? i wore is for about 8 hours, i had very minimal pain and discomfort while wearing it my back hurt after a few hours of walking around but thats probably because of my terrible posture and sitting on the bus on my phone probably didn't help and i didn't have trouble breathing it was just a bit uncomfortable and the strap was a bit sharp but there were no real problems, so i was wondering if the pain is normal especially for my first time?

Thanks.

2. randomconnorcon

Because it's your first time, I would say it's your body adjusting to the binder. If it persists, and grows worse, then it's something to address.

3. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In experience pain is normal. Especially upper back and shoulder pain and minimal chest pain due to the compression. If it starts to get too much to bear then I'd suggest taking it off and exchanging it for a looser sports bra if you have to. To help with dry skin use moisturising body soap when in the shower and a moisturising cream when you get out and after you take off your binder. E45 or diprobase are both good, I find diprobase is more soothing and effective though.