1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to look more feminine but my hair...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by DemiNic, Jul 13, 2016.

1. DemiNic

I really want to be able to express my feminine side when I am feeling feminine (which is about 50% of the time at the moment, but it changes of course) but the problem is my hair. I can wear all the eyeliner and mascara I want but because of my hair I just can't look how I want to look.

The problem is that because I attend a school which has rules which say that (boys) hair must be a certain length and not dyed or anything I truly have no options when it comes to my hair. I honestly hate my hair, its lighter than I want it and its so puffy when its dry! (It's ok when it's wet though as it's darker and not all puffy). I really want to have longer, darker hair, so I can look more like how I feel but I just can't! So I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how I can feel more feminine without having longer hair? This isn't only for hair, although hair is the main topic here.

Sorry if this was a bit all over the place, it's currently midnight... Should probably sleep... Oh well....

~Nic ^_^

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For the hair, you could buy a wig to wear when you're not at school to make it longer.

3. DemiNic

Yeah I was thinking about that, just idk what type or anything, I don't really know anything about wigs. I'll definitely keep your suggestion in mind, I'll probably end up trying a wig.

Thanks for the help,
    ~Nic ^_^

4. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Try growing your hair out as much as you can get away with it and more like a pixie cut. Get some barrettes and headbands.

#4 Rickystarr, Jul 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  5. Anastaisa_Lynn_14

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    maybe try getting a wig, its not as hard as it looks :grin: and get lots of hair accesories

6. gilda

Talk to the school counselor about it. if shit doesnt get set up in your favor, buy a wig and bring it to school.

7. DemiNic

Thank you so much for your help everyone! I think I'll start off by getting a wig and I'll try and grow my hair as much as I can. I might go see the school councillor if I can't have it long at all.

Again, thanks for the help!
    ~Nic ^_^