1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I trans

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by SpaceTraveller, Jul 13, 2016.

1. SpaceTraveller

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So the issue is the following. It doesn't give me peace for some time already. Like a couple of years. I am a girl but I am a quite stereotypical guy. I even look confusing. I was never labelled as masculine or a tomboy though, because I have many traits considered feminine. I don't wear men's clothing usually, although I dress tomboyish/whatever. I am for sure not a stereotypical trans person, I don't find hormones or anything like that appealing, I don't care about pronouns or the such. I'd say I feel much more like a guy than a girl, even though I am a girl, and whatever it means. My tomboyism/whatever is much beyond liking things considered masculine, it's more like a state of being. I tried to talk with one of my friends about it, but he didn't get my thoughts at all.

And... do you think a gender therapist is someone with whom I can reasonably talk about it, even when I'm not up for hormones and so on?

2. iiimee

A gender therapist is nice for people questioning, though no good therapist will give you a flat-out yes or no answer to your question unless you say something like "I think I'm trans because I hate dresses." or something silly like that.

Also, really, only you can answer that question. The question I suggest you ask yourself is "Where do you see yourself in 30 years?" Are you a masculine man, a feminine woman, or something in between? We can argue about your biology all we want, but if you'd only be happy as a certain gender and acting a certain way, then that's your answer. Of course, people change- a lot of masculine girls become feminine women, and feminine boys become masculine men- That's how it is for most people, but not for all. Really, it's a question only you can answer, though you shouldn't rush to find answers: You may never be 100% sure, but there will be a point when you're questioning where you will be the most sure you know you'll ever feel, and that's when you start transitioning- or don't! Again, everything is up to you.

3. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Maybe your just a tomboy. You shouldn't rule that out. If you're fine with your body as it is and don't mind being adressed as a girl that would be the solution. Also that would make you quite a dream girl ^^