1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She Misgendered me again! .....

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by LadyLikeDream, Jul 13, 2016.

1. LadyLikeDream

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Not sure what's going on with the site, it takes so long to load and can't post, lets see is this will work

When your working hard on your transition and still some people intentionally misgendering you no matter how good you do , i'm not saying i'm %100 passable by any mean, in fact i'm at the beginning and still have lots to work on, nevertheless i'm a fulltime for over a year now, some people sees me as a Trans or a guy i guess i'm not really sure But there's larger number of people who sees me as either female or Trans , they use the correct pronoun, as she, ms , and mam sometimes.

I have been misgendered many times in the past and i till do from time to time, but today was different,
    imagine when you are doing your shopping at large store, people not really noticing you as a trans = mean your kinda passing better i think, then you are standing in the line to pay for your items, you reached the cashier, a long line behind you, and then this cashier she will insist to call you SIR , she said it really loud! to me today, she done the samething before, i looked behind me i found the people , they start look at me from head to toes , they kept looking at every part of me without looking at any other direction, they looked at me like "so your a man hmmm" i really felt so embarrassed, i felt like this was an act of violence from the cashier end, the cashier she make her face expression to the people standing in line looks like, "hey folks if you think this a woman, i want let everybody know this is a Man"

I don't understand why people are behaving that way toward Transgender women ,this should be simple to understand, gender should be detected paste on combination of the dress and the person behavior

There's a number of females who have a very small breasts tissue to the point that you can't even notice it , that doesn't mean she should be pronoun as SIR or HIM , by any mean , unless she dressed as a guy then i would understand, and at this point i will worry about his feeling and use the male pronoun, and vica versa , there's also men who have larger breasts.

I hv been misgendered before and still do, but I still love myself as a trans woman, Wanting the people to use the correct pronoun doesn't mean i'm asking everyone that must love trans women, all i'm asking is they should use the correct pronoun.

Sorry if my post was too long, i just want to bring this situation to the light, and see if other people have similar experience and how they deal with it .

2. Dingdang

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah. This is understandable. I've had a similar experience, and it'd due to the combination of two facts: the one, that the cashier knows you're transgender, and the other, that the cashier was brought up in a transphobic environment, probably due to her parents' conservative ideology.

Anyway, as I said, it's just part of being transgender. It's happened to me, and I expected it, so I didn't take it too personally. This girl on my school bus hissed, "You will always be a man" loudly so that everyone else could hear, but being the calm person that I am, I just attributed it to her upbringing and pitied her for not being able to accept reality.

I'm also that type of person who would joke with anyone who wishes to harm transgender people, like the cashier. If she were to call me "Sir", then I would reply "Am I a knight?" or something like that.

To sum it up, you should be prepared for things like this to happen, and you should also note that many people are accepting of who you are and will support you. The transgender life is not easy, but it gets better. And that gradual improvement of life quality and happiness that comes with transitioning and coming out is something many cisgender people never get to experience or take for granted. I wish you happiness! :slight_smile:

LadyLikeDream likes this.
  3. gilda