1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Younger Sibling & Gender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by HikaruStop, Jul 14, 2016.

1. HikaruStop

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My 'sister' (Sorry if it seems bad that I refer to them as female a lot but I asked and she doesn't care...) is set on being a boy. She's only 7 (almost 8) but she's worse than me with it. She goes on and on about it.

So now you're thinking "Yup. That's a boy!" But... sadly... as much as it hurts... She doesn't want to transition. I mean... she's 7 anyway. But could she be non-binary?

She sometimes buys girly stuff. She refers to herself as a girl and a boy. She wears girl and boyish clothing. She uses gender neutral names when she plays games with her friends. She has both female and male friends.

But, regardless, she's more brave than me! Bless. A 7 year old comes out before me? I'm almost 15. I really do care about her. And I just hope that she doesn't have to hide it all like I did. She is already planning her wedding with a random female youtuber.

Please. I really want to support her as much as I can.:help:

2. vertical

vertical Guest

I don't really think you can determine for certain if she's trans at that age...could just be gender non-conforming...many 7 year olds don't really understand concepts like gender and transition...I would say just support her in her choices of expression and if she later does turn out to be trans then continue supporting her in her identity.

3. DemiNic

Yeah, you never know for sure at that age if they are gonna stay thinking that way or not, but thats no reason to not support her! Everyone deserves support, and even if she changes her mind in any way in the future, I'm sure she will be very glad to have someone like you who is obviously very supportive!

My heart is with both you and your sister!

~Nic ^_^

4. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Too soon to tell. She could be gender nonconforming (and cis), nonbinary, or a trans guy. Just respect her for exactly who she is now and wait and see who she turns out to be in the future. The best thing you can do for her is to make sure you're someone she can trust and someone who will use whatever name and pronouns she asks for.

5. HikaruStop

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She speaks very highly of me and I don't want to lose that trust. And I'll always support her.

6. FoxEars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not all trans people want to transition

7. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation: