1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Don't Even Know

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by HandsomeLady, Jul 16, 2016.

1. HandsomeLady

So a while ago, I learned more in the depths of LGBT and more terms people identify as and just more of the lingo. While learning about these terms, I felt like with some of them, I kinda fit in. Out of curiousity, I went more deeper into these words, and I found a lot of meanings to different people and how they think of being such and such. After reading all of what I did, I'm super confused, not on the term, but on myself, like I really don't know what or who I am at the moment. Kinda like I feel like I fit in with it, but I'm second guessing myself.:confused:

2. DemiNic

Hey HandsomeLady! You are certainly not alone in these feelings! You have certainly come to the right place for support!

I also question everything about my gender and sexuality and I too have no idea whats going on with me and second guess what I think. Try to have fun exploring, learning the terms and finding out what you are truly are (which can take ages, I'm right in the middle of it too). You kinda just have to go with it as it can be a while until you stop second guessing yourself.

(I hope this helps even the tiniest little bit, I'm tired so idk if it was helpful at all or not)

Good luck with it all, my heart is with you!
    ~Nic ^_^

3. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I feel a bit the same at the moment - there's so much information on the Internet and on social media, and on the one hand you have support groups for non-binary people and on the other hand you have people saying we don't even exist and it's all for attention...it's damn confusing.

Feel free to explore your gender and self-expression however you see fit, but regardless of what you do, I'd keep these things in mind:

- If you think you are trans or genderqueer, look up the diagnostic criteria for gender dysphoria and details about other people's experiences with dysphoria (you do have to have dysphoria to be diagnosed as trans)
    - Gender stereotypes do not determine gender. There are plenty of tomboy females and effeminate males - look beyond societal expectations and more at who you feel you are.
    - Think about how you have felt in the past. If you feel uncomfortable with your gender, how long have you had these feelings and can you remember any disillusionment or dysphoria from your childhood?
    - If you do experience dysphoria, one way of looking at it that was useful for me was categorising it as physical (how you feel in your physical body), social (how you want other people to see you) and mental (how you see yourself) symptoms.
    - Remember that everyone's experiences are different and varied, but also remember that there are lots of morons on Tumblr who want to be trans or non-binary because they think it's cool. Don't worry, that doesn't mean that you are exploring your gender for attention (I can tell from this post alone) - just make sure you know which sources to trust.

It's all confusing and varied, but no matter what happens, you've always got this website and family and friends irl to fall back on. Just do whatever you feel is right to you and hopefully things'll work out. Best of luck! :slight_smile:

4. Kiran

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Before you'll announce yourself as a transgender person, remember that there are a lot of people who claim they have cancer/whatever illness because they found out that the symptopms they read about fit their owns. They could really have one or two but the others are just exaggeration and just digging too deep.

You could be gender nonconforming person or just not happy with role/stereotypes or whatever. If you're a lady and don't like your breasts, it doesn't mean you're transgender man. You can have just problems with your breasts. Cis ladies have them too. Etc.

Take your time. Just because you're questioning, it doesn't mean you're genderqueer/trangender person.

Cheers.