1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maybe I'm not trans and I've managed to convince myself otherwise

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Dlxx, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Dlxx

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I always wanted to go into music and I've been learning Korean for a while. A friend of mine said that she wanted to go into the music industry over in Korea and she thought that's what I should do as well, but when I think of doing that I see my self as female rather than male and I'm not sure if that means I'd just pretend to be a girl and go along with things or if that's actually how I feel and I'm just questioning my gender because I'm still a teenager. I feel like I'm just jumping on a band wagon even though I think that it's messed to want to be oppressed. I just, don't know.

2. blueskyprince

Hey! I'm a kpop fan too and I would really love to join the kpop industry as well. I see myself joining as a man but I'm born biologically female so that wouldn't exactly work.
    I'm not sure with my identity either, so you're not alone there. I feel like I'm just joining the bandwagon even though I do have feelings of dysphoria and it is messed up to want to be oppressed.
    I think you should explore your feelings and I'm sure you'll eventually get to a conclusion of whether you're transgender or cisgender. I wish all the luck and strength to you my friend!

3. Glowing Eyes

I used to feel a lot like this a while ago

4. Delta

You could also be something besides strictly male or female. Gender doesn't come in a packaged set with two options. :slight_smile: There's plenty of room in life for variety.