1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The endo and starting T

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by What If, Jul 17, 2016.

1. What If

Out Status:
    A few people
    I have my first appointment with the endo in a month. The closer the appointment gets the more nervous I get. I dont really know what to expect and Im trying not to get my hopes up but I really want to start T that day. I have tried looking it up online and cant find much about how the process goes with the endo. How long does it normally take for them to proscribe T? How many test are they going to do? What are the factors that will make you not be able to take T?

I have been anticipating this for so long I just want the T now! Plus I had to wait 2 months to get the first available appointment, I really dont want to have to wait another 2 months for test results just to start T.

Any help guy?

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's different for everyone.

In my experience, I met my endo in January 2015; which included getting some blood work done, an intake with my case worker, and eventually talking to a doctor about any concerns I had. I went back five weeks later to learn how to inject, and I was on my way. My memories of that day were fuzzy because I was pretty sick, but it went smoothly for someone who was on the verge of breaking their rib.

The only thing I was told that would make getting on T hard was if I wasn't taking care of my mental health issues or I had a serious condition that had to be treated first; like heart disease or high blood pressure. Thankfully for me, I only had my thyroid to worry about, and my endo had me do a check-in on my one month mark to see if my thyroid was handling the T well.

#2 Daydreamer1, Jul 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2016