1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Get a Binder?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by SecretlyKing, Jul 18, 2016.

1. SecretlyKing

I'm not out at all except for one friend who I told that I felt weird as a girl, but she forgot I told her that. I also have three other FtM friends who came out recently [one I recently broke up with], so coming out would seem like I'm copying them. And my parents are transphobic as all hell.

How can I get a binder? I'd love one from GC2B, but I can't order one since I live with my parents. My friend orders his through a mutual friend's mom [the friend I told in the above paragraph]. I was told by said mutual frined one day jokingly that if I came out as trans or something that I couldn't order from her mom because her mom will have to have a "talk about gender" with me. I know she was being serious but in a joking matter. So... I can't really order one from a friend. Sigh.:icon_sad:

So, how can I bind my chest? I'm also a C if that matters.

2. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you have like 35 dollars? You might be able to pay for one with a money order online.

---------- Post added 18th Jul 2016 at 02:22 PM ----------

Or a prepaid visa gift card

3. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd ask your parents for a debit card, you're 14 so just say that you think it'll be easier to keep your money together and you'll be more careful with spending if you have one. Then go to a bank and ask to put your money on the card and order it online. If youre worried about the parcel coming to your house then ask a friend if you can have a parcel delivered to their house. No need to tell them what it is, the gc2b packaging is really discrete so they won't know. Just say you don't want your parents interfering. Other than finding another friend to order it for you and you pay them back there aren't many other options.

4. gayftm

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    if you have cash, see if you can get a prepaid visa gift card from walgreens/cvs/walmart/wherever. if you need to, you can have it shipped to a friend's house if you're worried about your parents getting to it first. GC2b is very discreet: they ship in plain gray plastic envelopes, and the return address is just an employee's name (instead of "GC2b").
    if you can't afford one, ftmessentials.com has a program that gives binders to trans youth for free (they're underworks tri tops though, but they are safe and effective). just go to the ftmessentials website and scroll to the bottom, where there'll be a link that says "free youth binder program" and fill out the application.

5. Austin226

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was in a similar situation when I got my first binder. I saved up the money in cash and then got one of those Visa gift cards that can be used online to order it. I had it shipped to a friend's house so my parents wouldn't find it, but the packaging doesn't say anything about what's inside, so you could probably just have it delivered to your house and say it's a tee shirt or something.

6. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would agree with the others, ask if you can have a bank account/ debit card: they are easy to set up, just head to a bank with a parent and you can set up your account, and it needs a parent signature. If you're worried about having it sent to your house you could send it to a friend or to a PO box, then collect it (although as others have said, packaging is discreet so you should be alright). If you're ordering off Amazon or somewhere (I think you can get Underworks off Amazon, not sure on GC2B) then you could order your binder along with a cheap t-shirt or something then if they ask, you could show them the new t-shirt and they'll think that's all the parcel was. Good luck.