1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dressing/Clothing Advice?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by beckling, Jul 20, 2016.

1. beckling

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i'm not sure where this should go; i'm new. :/ (if this isn't supposed to be here, please let me know.)

anyway, i'm going into highschool in less than 15 days, and i'm horrified.

i'm not out, but because i'm so... not feminine... my mom is expecting little to no feminine clothing.

this is kinda a problem, though. i'm not a huge fan of men's clothing either. i'm more into unisex/androgynous clothing.

i have two places where i can go to buy clothes. (all i'm getting is shirts, btw, because i have plenty of jeans.)

target and walmart. (low budget, i'm broke af.)

all help/advice is appreciated!! thank you! <3

2. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A couple questions: What is your build like? And what kind of jeans do you wear? Like how tall are you and are you skinny or average or plus? Do you wear men's or women's jeans? And do you identify as binary male?

If you identify as binary male, this might apply to you. I consider most men's clothing to be genderless. For the most part it is neutral, no frills, practical clothing. Unless you are looking at hunting or military gear or something overtly masculine like that. In general though, women's clothing is feminine, men's clothing is utilitarian. So I would stick with the men's department if you identify as binary and you can fit into the sizes. Otherwise you can check out the boys department.

3. beckling

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i'm only about 5 foot 4 inches, and i'm in between average and plus. i wear women's skinny jeans. (they make my legs look fantastic, tbh.) binary male? not really, no.

see, with men's clothing at both target and walmart (where i live, anyway), it's mainly just graphic tees or flannels, and i don't like flannels. i'm fairly okay with simple v-neck shirts and maybe even the occasional flowy-bottomed women's shirt.

keeping in mind that i don't have a binder and binding without one is virtually impossible for me, shirts that are a little bigger are always better.

4. CallingDuck

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    At target there are some shirts in the womans section that are basic and simple. They look unisex. I think the brand is Mossimo or something like that. I have a few of them and they work well for me.
    Good luck!

5. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Men's clothing is amazing when it's not the stuff for guys who don't give a shit about how they look (graphic tees and flannels). I would say look around sales racks of more expensive shops and in thrift stores. Look hard and wide.