1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's Talk Binders and Chest Changes

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by iiimee, Jul 20, 2016.

1. iiimee

Hey, so I made this thread not specifically for me, but for anyone interested in talking about their binders, how to get binders, or just how their binders have changed their chests over time.

Binding is probably the biggest step I've taken transition-wise so far, though in all reality it feels like one of the smallest. I was only a 32B when I started binding, so it doesn't feel like it's played a huge part in how I appear, though I noticed that once I started I got a lot more "sir" and "he" thrown my way than I originally did. I still get the occasional she, but I think a simple haircut and binder has really changed my appearance thanks to my androgynous body type.

Anyway, my binder is mostly useless now because of just how much my chest has grown and my breasts have flattened over the course of my binder usage. I got my binder when I was 14 I think? I can probably find my binder post from ages ago, but I'll just say that I've been wearing my binder for probably close to a year now, and I don't regret it at all.
    I'm sure everyone's experience is different, but mine's been great: My breast tissue is pretty much demolished but my breasts don't hang super low of anything- they still barely hang at all. XD I still have PLENTY of nipple sensitivity. X_X Heh, that's always been a sensitive area for me~ Overall, I'm very happy with my results, and for the first time ever I can finally wear a not-too-baggy shirt and it'll be hard to see any cleavage unless I stick out my chest and it's windy. XD I'm probably closer to an A now than a B, which is awesome.

So, as I said, this thread is for the general discussion of binders, but my question specifically is: How were your guys' changes? Did you have any medical problems because of you binding? I often played my trombone while binding, so I couldn't breathe properly playing, but I never encountered a medical issue other than panic attacks, which I already had an issue with. Have any of you ever had to bind "improperly"? Do you regret doing that or do you feel it was necessary? Please comment below so we can discuss! :icon_wink

2. Duane

Duane Guest

I started binding sometimes, a couple years ago. I don't know if it is actually safe for me to be doing it, but sometimes I just don't want to see boobs when I look down. When I bind (I am starting out with 38 C-D size breasts they are heavy damn things too) I get major issues with breathing, and I get major lasting pain in my ribs and sternum area. I also end up getting weird blister thingies (yes ew gross) under my boobs.

I can't wait till I can just get them removed and be done with them.

I do wonder if others have these kind of issues with binding, so I am glad you started this conversation.

3. AaronV

I think I started out with a bigger C cup (never bothered to remember the proper size and I think we have different measurements over here anyway). I've started binding two years ago and I've been on T for about nine months. Binding alone didn't do a lot to my breasts, but once I went on T they went down to a B cup in like three months.
    I used to get a lot of pain in my sternum area as well, but I found out then I started to correct my horrible posture and the pain went away eventually.
    (I know it's stupid to bind when you're in pain, but I'm stealth so it was impossible for me to sop binding.)

4. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Binding concerns me. I used to suffer with terrible anxiety and shortness of breath. The thought of constricting my chest doesn't seem like a positive step. I use a bit of KT tape for the nipples but couldn't imagine binding. As much as I want a flat chest, putting myself through that seems counter productive. Thoughts?

5. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not sure my chest will get any flatter due to binding. I've recently brought some kinesio tape to try to pull round and tape to the sides (not wrap the entire way around don't worry) and it sucks that my chest is just about too big to effectively flatten but on T I'll definitely be using that rather than binders once fat gets redistributed.

I wouldn't give up binding for the life of me. I can't imagine going outside without a binder on. Don't think I'd be able to function without it due to thinking about covering my chest 24/7. It still sucks though. Constant pain around my shoulders, back and chest and being unable to do sports, especially swimming, just gets me down.

6. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've only been binding about three months now. Until that point I was exclusively wearing sports bras for about seven years or since ninth grade (and I didn't play sports. Just didn't like the weird way a regular bra made my boobs look all seperate) except for a short period where I decided I shouldn't have to wear a bra at all because I was practically a guy and I just wore tape on my nipples and thick, loose T-shirts. (Yet still didn't think I was trans...) The thing is, I'm about a 34B (I assume?? That was what I was in 8th grade, the last time I bought a real bra, and I don't feel like I've changed much. It's weird.) and it is pretty easy to camouflage those suckers. The binders are so much nicer though because I can wear pretty much any shirt with them and when I take my shirt off they just look like tanktops, at least the full length. Recently though I bought my third binder. My first one from GC2B. It is white and half-length. My other two binders are both black and full length. The Underworks one in particular is very thick and hot and I sweat through it quickly. I wear a small. I ordered the white half-length of GC2B because I figured it would be a lot cooler. It is, but I have a few issues with it: One, it was at first much tighter and more uncomfortable. I think the sizes are like one inch off because I ordered the same size (S) in both brands and the GC2b one was much more difficult to get on and off and was more constricting. Though it did make me perhaps a tad flatter than my other two do. Two more problems though: It shows more through my clothes. The bottom of the binder is very visible through thin-ish shirts. A huge thick line. Also, it doesn't even cover my entire boobs. You can see like an inch of underboobs at the bottom. And it does kind of seem more like a bra. I might try ordering a full length from them and a tritop from underworks once I get some more money so I can really compare the brands. Maybe it is just the style I don't care for and I should stick with full length.

7. Althidon

I've been binding just about every day for about 10 years. I haven't noticed any medical issues, although my breast tissue is definitely much affected.

I haven't bought a new binder in a while, and I've gained weight, so I'm not sure what size I am these days. The last time I wore a bra I was a 36C.

I prefer full-length binders. The half-length ones roll up on me and I end up with this really uncomfortable rubber band around my waist. I find that I do have to periodically go into the bathroom to reposition everything a few times a day, but it's not bad.