1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I even trans?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by wishyouwerehere, Jul 21, 2016.

1. wishyouwerehere

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I still call myself my birth name (usually when I'm mad) and I still refer to myself as she...and I don't like being called a man, but rather a guy or a dude.

I'm worried it might mean I'm not actually trans, but rather just a girl who wants to be one of the guys...

At the same time I have these moments as a girl when I just really wish I was a guy. So does this mean I might have a different label? Like transmasculine or demiboy or genderfluid (which is honestly a label I don't want to call myself)?

Idk..I feel male, but the feminine side is just there and idk what to do with it.

Edit: I also like calling myself gay even though I'm bi. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#1 wishyouwerehere, Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Maybe you like being experimental with your identity? Maybe you like being quite 'queer' about it, so to say. There are trans guys who are very feminine, or occasionally feminine, or whatever.

If you like being called a dude and a guy I don't think you're cis. How old are you? I prefer calling myself a girl rather than a woman, because I don't feel very womanly yet; I'm barely an adult, plus I'm not very physically or socially mature as a female yet. I think that's why I prefer calling myself a girl rather than a woman.

Do you like calling yourself by your birthname and female pronouns, or is it just something you do? I don't call myself by my birth name, but occasionally I will misgender myself in my head if I'm having a daydream where someone else is talking about me or something.
    You say you have moments when you wish you were a guy. Does that mean you also have moments when you wish you were not a guy, or when you feel like you don't care?

3. DoriaN

I have girl friends that call each other dude or guy or bro all the time, maybe it's just your personality that you want to be around cool chicks and men that see you as a poppin' person rather than a strictly feminine person, or being defined by appearance/gender.

You might not be trans, but you're totally allowed to feel macho or like a princess however or whenever you want, it doesn't define you it just makes you, you!

I'm of the position that I think labels are foolish and the large majority don't exist or are superfluous, so I don't have a fancy tumblr word to think of you as, but you sound like you're probably cool to hang out with and maybe just feeling a bit insecure about who you are.

Just like how a guy can like dresses or a girl can love football or a guy wants to be called a queen or a girl wants to be in the trades (welder, pipefitter, construction etc), little things like that do not define you, they're just a part of your personality and that's.. A thing! =D

If some days you want to wear a skort with stockings, and the next you're all about the jeans and tshirt, do it up. Don't overthink it, introspection can be pretty dangerous, and life is so much more than the little things. Love ya and hope that helps.

4. wishyouwerehere

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks guys.

Maybe it is because I'm not that old yet...and pronouns never really bothered me that much. But my birth name seems out of place, so it probably just is a thing I do.

I'm not that experimental with my identity, now that I think about it. I could call myself pan but I don't...maybe I just want more people to understand by going by the more basic terms.

But I probably do care about my identity. I don't really want to do most girly things...other than a few that seem kinda girly in my eyes.

I guess I shouldn't even think about this that much. I just don't wanna be a girl and be forced to wear to dresses. I'm sick of just being a tomboy when there's more to me than just that.

So I guess I am trans...thanks again.

5. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First off, I think it is normal to prefer guy over man. I feel the same way. I don't feel like a man yet, but I feel like a guy. When I think of a man I think of someone at least in their thirties, and I am not even on T yet. Once I can grow facial hair maybe I'll call myself a man lol. Just think if you had to choose between man or woman which would you prefer? Woman is even worse right?

I can also relate to not wanting to call yourself genderfluid or anything like that because of wanting to be normal and not confuse people. I don't think I am nonbinary really but I am glad because I would hate to have to go around explaining that constantly.

6. wishyouwerehere

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I agree with everything you said lol