1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

always a tomboy

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by 66vangirl, Jul 24, 2016.

1. 66vangirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I realize some of my best, most comfortable times in my life were when I didn't care about how I looked gender wise. I recall my 4th grade year as jeans and flannel and a baseball cap. I really wanted to join boy scouts as a child (in the 1970's that was not happening). When I was in high school I was around the punk scene and no one cared if I wore combat boots and jeans all the time. I have no connection to women who talk about shopping and purses and all that, however sometimes I like to dress up more female. To me what I wear is all a costume anyway.

I dated a guy and I recall going over and basically being dressed as a 13 year old boy, concert t-shirt and baggy cargo shorts and vans. I was perfectly comfortable, but I got coached on dressing a little nicer, actually using a purse that was not from REI.

Even the way I carry myself at times seems more male, I don't apologize all the time, I don't move out of the way for other people every time. I learned that at concerts really well, you will get crushed if you don't hold your space. My demeanor can be super kind and also pretty fierce. I just REALLY hate and am sick of the ways we expect men and women to be and dress and act. The way we separate ourselves from friends, I was more comfortable with my ex and a group of guys than when we got together and I was expected to sit with the women. Just exhausted really,