1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some courage

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by BethanyHome, Jul 28, 2016.

1. BethanyHome

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    On travel this week. Found a store with an adorable dress. It will fit my body type, it's the right color. And their website says its on sale.

But I'm TERRIFIED. And I don't know why. I'm in a different city. No one will ever see me again. I'm buying a "gift." But I just can't get over the dread that I'm feeling. And I have no idea why...

I know it's irrational and silly. Has anyone else choked like this? Does it get easier?

2. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yes I have. do whats best for you, and like you said, your buying a gift. even though the clerk probably doesn't give a heck. besides your 'sister' will love it:icon_wink

3. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    I still get the prickly feeling in the cheeks when I go to the men's section of a shop. But I'm so masculine looking there's no way people will think it's not for me. Been buying guys clothes for years and shoes for even longer. Because it becomes normal to you, as you wear it etc, you start to forget that people see you as the gender you don't wish to be seen as. So you crack on as normal. But yeah, sometimes I remember and feel a little shy. Perfectly normal, but remind yourself - if at first you don't succeed, try try again!

4. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you have a phone, just act like you are talking to the person you are buying it for near the cashier if you're that nervous to purchase it. But believe me, chances are the cashier doesn't care who you're buying it for, he/she is making a transaction, who it's for is the least of their concerns.

5. BethanyHome

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    SCORE! I got it today while out and about. I sent a text to myself between my laptop and phone, so two sides to a convo. Showed the clerk the link, clicked it, and she walked me right to it

Double SCORE! It was on sale!

Mega SCORE! I got it home and snuck it into the bathroom without anyone noticing

Ultra SCORE! It fit (mostly)

Thanks everyone! I hope my post made you smile a little bit...

6. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm glad things worked out for you