1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

picked up on gaydar ?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Stewie, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My gaydar just came outta the box and someone didn't pack the English instructions with it,(I can hear my mother yelling in my head "how do I turn this DAM thing on")
    But I was thinking, how do I make myself register on other men's functional systems ? Without getting a rainbow beret, or other overly obvious signs, I'm not ready to come out fully, and not nessasarily looking rate now, but for the future. And before everyone says get a makeover... I have to shave my head...the only thing I didn't want to inherit from my father. Like I know I'm a decent looking guy, but hair kinda makes the man. Ya I'm gonna start dyeing some of the grey outta my goatee thingy I'm sporting(offsets my baldass head or at least I think so) might update my wardrobe a bit(it's mainly Tshirts, jeans, shorts, typical guy clothes) but is that going to be enough?

Anyone have any other suggestions ?

2. SystemGlitch

Beyond going to a specifically gay-oriented place, I don't think there's a way to "look" gay unless you want to be the stereotypical flamboyant/camp gay guy. I can assure you there are plenty of men who "look" straight as a ruler but are full of rainbows. I know a lot of people who are pretty good at telling if someone is into them or not, though, so maybe just show that you're interested and if they're also interested they may approach you.

Maybe make a post on the sexuality forum? Since it's more directly related to sexuality and how to find a gay partner rather than gender identity. :icon_wink Someone over there might be able to offer more help!

#2 SystemGlitch, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  3. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep posted this in the wrong spot. It was meant to go up there.

/ignore this one