1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Profile Avatar

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by BethanyHome, Jul 30, 2016.

1. BethanyHome

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just uploaded (I hope, or this rant is kind of ironic) my pic all dolled up after a crappy day at work... This is how I feel. Regardless of how much hair I have to grow on my face, what I choose to wear, what color my toenails are, or whether I put my earrings in or not. This is who I want the world to see...

PS- My family is killing me...

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are beautiful.

And I'm sorry about your family. I hope more people will come to accept you as yourself. Is there anyone who is there for you, friends or family, that you might/have come out to? This can be a definite weight off and very affirming.

3. BethanyHome

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you kodo.

I did have someone close that I opened up to, but it ended badly when I told her that I wanted to live my life this way. I was devistated.

Since then, I have found solace in this forum and help from a few fair weather friends.

4. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is terrible. There's no sugar-coating this life, but I have the confidence that you will find someone who supports you.

When I came out to my parents it went horribly; their rejection broke me. And I was and still am very much alone in this. But, there is hope. I have this community at EC and one brother in another state who is there for me.

So my advice is to do your best with what you have now. There is no use regretting or longing for that which is unattainable. EC is here and so are many members (including myself) who would be more than happy to be there for you, as a friend or simply someone to talk to. Reach out to more of your friends. Hopefully among them you may find someone who will surprise you.

Hang in there.

5. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That sucks. I'm sorry that happened.

You look very pretty. I'm not sure I can pull off red lipstick like that.

6. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This basically describes my experience

Hun, you're sooo pretty, and I know you're a strong person and you can freaking do it <3 Plus your hair is fabulous and I mean, when one's hair is fabulous nothing can go wrong!

7. BethanyHome

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you sky winter.

My friend's arrival and later exit from my life was a galvanizing period for me. It was all fun and games when I was occasionally playing dress up as her personal doll, but when I started shopping on my own and dressing on my own and wanted to leave my boy life behind... Well, that's when it hit the proverbial fan. I closeted way down and bunkered in. And here I am today. Finally feeling right about my body and understanding that yes, there was something wrong with me. I was lying to myself for so many years.

I don't usually go that crazy. It's like the worse day I have, the bolder I go with my makeup.

---------- Post added 30th Jul 2016 at 08:54 PM ----------

Raventherat, you're making me blush. That was a stopgap until my hair grew out...

It's taking so long (I wish I could just push it from my face to the top), but I love the feel and not having to worry about a gust of wind taking it off my head :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 30th Jul 2016 at 09:01 PM ----------

Thank you for the kind words and encouragement. I may hit you up in the near future kodo...

Alright, I need to head to bed. I have a long day tomorrow, and I feel comfortable enough to lay my head down now.

PS- does Bethany fit me now that my pic is up?