1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to hide my binder under my dress shirt

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Whatismylife, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Whatismylife

Whatismylife Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have my year 11 formal coming up and i have convinced my religious school to let me wear a suit but it has to be very formal like a tuxedo with a white dress shirt, but i made a big mistake i bought my first binder a month ago but i bought it in black and i have just now realised my mistake my binder shows through, I will be miserable if my chest isnt flat on my formal night and i cant buy a new binder as i am unemployed and completely dependent on my family and im not out to them yet and i cant think of a way out of it without buying a really thick white shirt but they are extremely expensive and my mother wont pay she keeps saying just wear a white bra but she doesn't understand and my only sports bra is black and most sports bras dont flatten me much.is there any way to prevent the black showing through my white shirt? could i wear a skin coloured tank tope over my binder and under my shirt or can i somehow make a makeshift temporary binder that wont show? i really need some advice because i cant tell my mum im not ready for that.:bang::bang::help:

2. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think this will be a big deal, I wouldn't worry about it. Just get a white T shirt and wear it over the binder. I'm sure the skin colored tank top would work as well.

3. SystemGlitch

Definitely do not improvise a binder, that can be extremely dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. Like Rickystarr said, a white or skin colored shirt would be fine for hiding it if you want to, but I honestly don't think that you'd need to. If your formal is anything like the formals/proms I've known in the past, there won't be a great deal of light, and I don't think people would notice it. Just try not to stress to much about it, everything will be fine I'm sure. :slight_smile:

4. pinkclare

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A cheap white undershirt should be enough, or literally any other light color tee that you already own.

Another option, if you haven't already ordered your tux (I assume you're renting?), is get a black shirt with it. It's not as traditional as a white shirt, but they exist and look really sharp.

Another another option is to wear your tux with a vest instead of a cummerbund. If anything, this option is MORE formal, so your school should be okay with it. Again, they look sharp AF.