1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shaving advice

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by nightowl88, Aug 4, 2016.

1. nightowl88

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I haven't been shaving my legs recently since I always wear jeans and I hate the feeling of hairless legs but I have to wear shorts this weekend. I am going to be out in the heat all day Sunday and I really don't want to wear jeans and plan on wearing shorts but I really don't want to shave. I know if I skip shaving it will be fine but I don't want my mom or brothers to pick on me for it and if I see someone from my school they would probably say something. I know if I do shave it's only a temporary thing but I feel so uncomfortable after I shave and my legs feel naked.

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I say do what makes you comfortable and brush off your family. I doubt anyone from your school would give you problems for it, since I'm sure they won't be petty about something like that.

3. Jiramanau

Out Status:
    Some people
    Your family might pick on you, but just remember it's not the end of the world. You can't transition if you put other peoples opinions ahead of your happiness, my advice is to push yourself to do what you want in spite of what people say

4. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't shaved my legs in half a year and nobody's said anything.

Many times, I find that other people notice much less than we do about ourselves. Unless it's glaringly obvious. But with shaving, that is a personal thing. Like hair, makeup, clothing, choice of perfume/cologne, shaving is one of those things that is nobody else's business.

If you don't like the feeling of shaved legs - and I can relate - then don't do it. Do what makes you comfortable and confident and they can get over themselves.

5. Elam

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have never shaved my legs, and I was picked on because of that (combined with quite a few other reasons, but people didn't like the fact my legs and arm were covered in hair. But once I moved up to secondary school, no-one bought it up, and atm I'm really comfortable with my hair. Just do you, and if they don't accept it, that's their problem, and besides, you're the one who's being brave enough to go out there without shaving your legs.

6. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do what you want, It's your life. Honestly, I'm a cis woman and I don't shave my legs most of the time. My Mom tells me It's my right to do what I want. Also, some cis men shave their legs, I have seen it in public.

7. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Cis woman, nobody has ever said anything about me not shaving my legs. Recently I've been doing it when my legs are out, but sometimes I forget and get a bit anxious, but no-one I complain to seems to care. They're just like "it's fine, nobody cares, nobody's looking that closely, you can have hairy legs if you want". I really don't think people care. And yeah as the person above me said, nothing wrong with guys shaving their legs, plenty of guys shave whichever bits of body hair they don't like.

8. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    just say it's too hot to be bothered with shaving.... :icon_wink

9. nightowl88

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the support for not shaving. I'm probably just paranoid because I refused to shave when I was younger so my stepmom told me if I didn't people will pick on me and think I'm wired. My plans changed and I didn't have to do anything this weekend but today I went to a creek with my jeans rolled up to my knees and no one said anything and I plan on wearing shorts tomorrow. I'm not as worried now about it and the only person who will cause a problem is my aunt but she can deal with me being me.

10. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    I struggle with letting my leg hair grow. I mean to, but then it gets to longish stubble and I feel like I have to shave. People don't look at my legs but it makes me insecure to think people may think I'm grubby.