1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Basing This Oof What's Between My Legs

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by New Age Unicorn, Aug 6, 2016.

1. New Age Unicorn

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, I'm the New Age Unicorn and I am, like many people, confused about what I would like to identify with. Some days I wake up and want to put on a dress, do my makeup perfectly, wear heels and go out to a party. Other days, I want sweat pants, cut off shirts, my hair in a ponytail and just go to the gym.
    To simplify this: some days I feel like a girl, other days I feel like a dude. And then there are times I'm in the middle and just feel neutral.
    Crazy enough, I do in fact have names for when my dial points in one direction or the other. But, only my girlfriend and best friend know that.
    Oh, and my parents don't know about my girlfriend either. *shrug* go figure, just add her to the list of things my parents won't ever know, right above me sneaking off to see her and stayed in a motel for a wonderful, blissful filled night.
    Anyway, I'm not sure if there is any advice out there for how to address figuring out if I am indeed genderfluid or not. Until then, I will just be a Unicorn
    Thanks for taking time out of your life to care, we need more people like you.

Best Regards
    The Unicorn

2. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hullo, Unicorn. Good to meet you.
    The only thing I'd say about this post is that you shouldn't necessarily base how you feel about your gender on your behavior. There are plenty of tomboy girls who like going to the gym and tying their hair back, and there are plenty of guys who act in quite a feminine way. It's perfectly normal to want to dress differently on different days, and trying to ascertain your gender based on what stereotypes you fit into isn't the best/most reliable way to go about it.

Think about how you see yourself and how you want other people to see you. On your more masculine days, do you want people to see you as a man? Do you see yourself as a man? Have you ever felt uncomfortable about having the physical form and characteristics of a woman? In those moments, would you mind people using male pronouns and calling you by a more masculine name?

Just some potential things to think about. It's great that you're exploring this stuff as you need to, but always remember that gender isn't just about how you act or what you do. It's mainly about how you feel.
    Best of luck with everything. :slight_smile: