1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Stop Boxers Rolling Up? (Bonus question about shark week)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Lacybi, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been wearing boxer briefs for a few months now and I've tried different types of leg wear but they all yield the same result - underwear bunched up around the top of my thighs. The best pair of trousers was a material-tracksuit-y thing that I wore camping which stopped it rolling up BUT had a clear outline. I wear jeans the rest of the time though and I'm constantly having to yank them down again which is a right pain in the chilblains. So do you have any tips to stop them rolling up or do I just have to grin and bare it?

Also pads with wings in boxer briefs, yay or nay? I was caught short the other day and had to do it but I'm wondering what anyone else has to say on the matter.

#1 Lacybi, Aug 7, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What are they made out of? Try getting ones that are mostly cotton, but have a wee bit of spandex or other stretchy material. The ones I have barely ride up, which sound better than what you're going through with yours.

#2 HM03, Aug 7, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  3. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Mine roll up too but that's my quads I think. Good question about the curse.

4. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I usually wear regular girl underwear under my boxers during the monthly battle. I don't trust tampons to hold and I need that pad for back up.
    But some people wear other kinds of men's underwear other than boxers during battle.

As for boxers rolling up, I've actually never had that problem so not sure. The only time it does it is when I first pull my pants back up from using the bathroom or putting pants on for the first time. From what I've experience this is normal for my brothers and cousins as well. Just another problem that comes with being a guy/trans masculine person.

5. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

My boxer briefs are 95% cotton and 5% elastane, whatever that is. Something stretchy I'm assuming.

6. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Elastane is, but cotton isnt. That will bunch up with tight fitting pants. You need looser pants. Baggy ones prevent this.

7. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Tape them to your legs

8. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've tried baggy jeans, in the middle jeans and tight jeans*. Nothing seems to stop them from rolling up, except the soft material trousers.

*tight at the top jeans, I don't wear particularly tight clothes. If I pull them tight against my thighs there's still a few centimetre gap to spare.

---------- Post added 7th Aug 2016 at 09:50 PM ----------

Hmm, maybe not? I would imagine pulling the tape off would hurt and tug at my leg hair. Also, what about when I go to the toilet? I'm not lugging around a roll of tape.
    "Where are you going?"
    "Erm...the toilet?"
    "Give the tape here, you don't need THAT in there."
    "No!....my precioussssss......"

9. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Boxers jus roll up, especially with tight pants. I recently started wearing men's briefs instead and I love them. They're not super modern but they are very comfy and should cause no problems during shark week.

---------- Post added 7th Aug 2016 at 04:21 PM ----------

If you do continue wearing boxers, just make sure you straighten them out every time you pull your pants back up, but they will not work with pads.

10. Jiramanau

Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you wear a belt? If so try wearing it tighter if you can. Sounds like your pants are moving more than they should. I had that problem with boxer briefs back in the day, and I've had it with panties. If you need to add in-between sizes you can get a hole punch at most craft stores for under $10

11. Zoe Izumi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I never had that problem... but I onlynwore boxers twice, and hated them. Looking back now, it's kinda obvious why i hated them.

anyway, back on topic. From memory, they just tend to do that.

12. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    image.jpg

I used to have that problem all the time, especially since I'd tuck my binder into my pants and when that rolled up, my boxers did too. So i got some briefs instead, which were these ones (jockey hipster briefs) and they were really awesome and really really comfy. So I still wear these and also some RIO ones.

13. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never wear woman's underwear it makes me too dysphoric. And I haven't actually had a problem with winged pads in boxer briefs (let's hope I don't).

14. GenderSciFi

Mine roll up less if they're tighter, but then they're also a little too tight around those damn hips... So no good tips there.

I wouldn't recommend putting pads in them during the time of the month. I tried and they didn't stay in place because the part of the briefs where they're supposed to stay is too broad and it just doesn't work, in my experience. Was uncomfortable. I own a few pairs of female-coded underwear for that and just take a little more care that my panties don't show. If i went somewhere where people could see (I never do) like a fitness studio, I'd probably wear loose boxer shorts over them.

15. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have one precious pair of boxer briefs, and usually I just smooth them out when I'm pulling up/down my trousers so they don't ride up.

As for the blood-curse and compatible remedies mentioned thereupon...
    I'd suggest using tampons, as they relieve dysphoria by a mile. There is far less mess and it's much easier to forget the curse while using one, as opposed to pads. It also works better with boxers.

But this is a matter of personal choice, and whatever works best for you is what you should do.

16. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And also, the underwear brand THINX has released line of men's briefs specifically designed for trans-guys. Might be worth looking into.

17. mvp 447

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I swear to God, when I first saw this topic that I thought "boxers" meant people with cruel intention looking to beat up someone who was gender questionable. I laughed my ass of once I saw what it actually was.

18. Althidon

I can't help on the rolling-underwear problem. I have the same thing happen, except it's a real problem because then my thighs chafe while I'm walking around at work. I don't think it's that my pants are too tight - I'm wearing scrubs and they aren't exactly fitted.

However, on the pads issue - another parent in my support group suggested homemade "period pants" for FtMs. Basically, it's one pair of men's briefs and one pair of men's boxer briefs sewn together along the seams and the back to create a pocket in the crotch area, which can then be filled with either a reusable fabric pad or a disposable one. Holds the pad in place and can't be seen from the outside as anything but boxer briefs. I haven't personally tried it but apparently several of the moms of teenage FtMs in my group have had good luck.

19. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I second this about tampons. It might seem weird at first, but just having it out of sight is so much better, and greatly improves your underwear selection. I actually tried wearing a pad the other day for the first time since I was like 14 and it made me dysphoric as fuck and it was uncomfortable and gross and totally laaame. I threw the rest away lol.

20. GenderSciFi

Ooooor you might try a moon cup. Don't be fooled by the sappy name, i found out that they're actually great things.